9.07.2010

Sophomore

Today was my first day back at school. I had so much anxiety about it that I hardly slept last night, and woke up at 4 instead of the required 5. I do this every time. I don't know why the first day of classes stresses me out like this, but it does.

That said, today went off without a hitch. I found all my classes, on time, got all my books, took notes, chuckled politely at icebreaker jokes made by professors, the usual. The hardest thing today was sitting still. When I got home I found Astasia waiting for me with a rose and a piece of cheesecake. I really am a very lucky girl.

Everyone's so much nicer this year. Last year, I thought it might be my imagination, but now I know it's true. Everyone really does hate freshmen. It's just so irritating to be a 29 year old freshman, because people don't know they can treat you like an adult (if, like me, you pass for a little punk). Now I'm a 29 year old sophomore, and it's so much better.

For now, the homework is practically nil. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4.10.10

    Hey,

    I'm starting back at school (I'll be 28 this month) one class at a time. Got to admit, I'm finding a lot of the 17/18 year olds frustrating. Especially the ones who are used to looking pretty and having their parents pay for everything and do their laundry.
    And I guess I pass for being 18, not sure if that is a compliment or not :)

    Wow, that was a lot of info you prolly didn't need.
    nways, i saw from your comment on redheadedskeptic that you are from a menno town in a prairie province. we might be related.

    I'm glad you've found someone so special. g'luck with classes.

    ReplyDelete